2nd Edition Now Available!
Naturally, you want the best for your canine companion…a lifetime of tail wags and dogged good health. The Complete Holistic Dog Book shows you how to create an environment and lifestyle that will nurture your friend at every level, to help you care for her body, mind, and spirit. You’ll discover keys to supporting and enhancing her innate healing abilities, while you gain a deeper understanding of how her body systems work—and what to look for if something goes awry.
The Complete Holistic Dog Book lends a warm and caring voice when you need it most, when your beloved dog is sick or injured, or when you simply need advice for keeping her healthy and happy. It’s also a comprehensive reference manual packed with holistic therapies drawing on a range of modalities, including homeopathy, herbs, bodywork, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and the use of food as medicine. You’ll find easy-to-follow recommendations for natural, preventive care, including early socialization, environmental safety, and nutrition, as well as practical techniques for treating hundreds of common canine illnesses and injuries using gentle, natural medicines that are easy to administer and painless—or delicious!—for your dog.
For all animal guardians, caregivers, and practitioners, at home or in a clinical setting, this book offers:
- A unique, holistic approach that sustains your dog’s physical and emotional health, from puppyhood through the senior years.
- The Fresh & Flexible™ meal plan—the easiest, most effective way to feed your dog a nutritious, delicious diet.
- A guide to creating a Holistic Medicine Chest to treat the most common illnesses and injuries—all with just 15 remedies.
- A comprehensive listing of more than 150 illnesses, injuries, emotional difficulties, and behavioral issues, with a variety of treatment options to choose from.
- Answers to your questions about how you can use Cannabis safely—and legally—to support your dog through a range of difficulties, from pain and inflammation to anxiety, neurological disorders, and cancer.
- The most thorough review of homeopathic medicine for dogs, including how remedies are made, how you can choose a remedy for your friend, and how to administer it.
- A sensitive exploration of how you can address your companion’s special needs as she ages, and ease the transition when it’s time to let go.
- An easy-to-use Materia Medica covering nutritional supplements, homeopathic remedies, and herbs.
- Contributions from veterinarians and other experts from across the United States and the United Kingdom.
“What a marvel! This is a wonderful, deep, absolutely perfect book! You cannot read a page without being informed, challenged, and changed. I particularly appreciated the section on vegetarianism–the fact that many dogs blossom and become more peaceful when they don’t eat meat. I am honored to be quoted in this information-packed gem of a book.”
“A thorough guide that seamlessly integrates the best of both conventional and alternative healing traditions. I was especially interested to see behavior problems viewed from this perspective. Practical and readable without sacrificing scientific accuracy. Should be on the bookshelf of every conscientious animal guardian.”
“This is definitely one of the best books I’ve seen on holistic care for dogs…. Enlightening, educational and easy to read.”
“In all my years of veterinary practice, never have I read a more sensitive, intelligent and compassionate book. If you want the very best for your dog, you will read this lovingly written and accessible reference over and over again. All the information, advice and guidance you will ever need to guarantee the healthiest and happiest life possible for both you and your companion fill these pages. If ever there was a book that says it all, this is the one–a must read for veterinarians and their clients.”
“The Complete Holistic Dog Book is an excellent resource for all dog lovers. It provides a wealth of information that will benefit all our Kindred Spirits. It is a wonderful contribution to the world of holistic animal healing.”
“We found this book to be invaluable for anyone wanting to raise a healthy dog in a natural lifestyle. Well organized, clearly written, this superb book is the best on the subject.”